Navigating the converging divide of IT and marketing can be treacherous. Don't worry... I can help.
I am a business and digital strategy professional thriving at the intersection of technology, marketing, and service. I present and cover many topics, including but not limited to...
- IT partnerships and collaborations
- digital transformation
- social media strategy
- online community management
- web marketing and development
- dual-role career paths
- SaaS and IaaS enterprise integration
- IT service innovation
I have been a featured speaker, panelist, presenter, and have hosted several full-day or multi-day workshops. I am fortunate to have worked in industries that have a strong mission and service focus… as a professional executive, consultant, facilitator, and volunteer.
I have an out-going and engaging type of presentation style - blunt and honest. Professionally, I have presented sessions and workshops at international conferences, professional associations, and local organizations, in addition to serving as an adjunct faculty member since 2003 at Ohio University and Franklin University teaching traditional and adult learners in face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environments. Engagement, interaction, and key-takeaways are core to the experience, and I have won several teaching excellence awards, while being formally recognized for my accomplishments in web design, marketing, and development by industry associations.
Contact me if you'd like me to participate with you.
Some presentations are guided by on-screen visuals to help shape discussion or illustrate take-aways.
I try to speak and present as often as I can to share my experiences and learn from others. Here is a list of notable presentations (not counting in the classroom teaching) that I've given:
- Expert Panelist, "Association Event Management Processes," MemberSuite Quarterly Symposium, January 2017.
- Keynote Speaker, "Real-life Stories from a Data Driven Association," Engage MemberSuite User Conference, September 2016.
- Panelist, "Sharing Your Agency's Message through Media Diversification," Seeds for Growth Non-Profit Summit, July 2016. WOSU Public Media live broadcast video (session 3): http://livestream.com/WOSU/Seeds2016
- Conference Session Presenter, "Building Digital Relationships Between Faculty and Students," Innovations in Teaching and Learning Conference, June 2016.
- Conference Session Presenter, "IT as a Revenue Generator: Win-Win-Win Partnerships," Educause Connect Miami Conference, April 2016. Supporting document: IT Revenue Generation Readiness Matrix.
- Author and Facilitator, "Marketing Excellence Series: Social Media Strategies Workshop," Franklin University Center for Professional Development and Training, March 2016.
- Keynote Speaker, "Living on the Edge: Convergence of Business and IT," Business Professionals of America PS Division Annual Event, February 2016.
- Client Showcase Speaker, "Hub and Spokes: Member Service Centralization," MEETUP15 Summit by MemberSuite, Inc., November 2015.
- Keynote Speaker, "Branding Yourself," Jewish Family Services, October 2015.
- Webinar Panelist, "It's About Integration: Using Your AMS to Power Community Engagement," MemberSuite, Inc., June 2015.
- Panelist, "A Co-orientational Approach to Creating Social Learning Communities," Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (TLHE) Annual Conference, June 2015.
- Conference Session Presenter, "Social Media Strategies for Educators <beginners>" and "Social Media Strategies for Educators <advanced>," Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (TLHE) Annual Conference, June 2015.
- Keynote Speaker, "Social Media Reach: Engage the Target Market," Reynoldsburg/Pickerington Rotary Club Luncheon, June 2015.
- Conference Session Presenter, "Preserving a Community Landmark: A Historic Factory Becomes a Modern Office," Design Columbus Summit, April 2015.
- Conference Session Presenter, "New Media is Now Media: Social Media Fundamentals for Business Educators," International Assembly for Collegiate Business Educators (IACBE) Annual Conference, April 2015.
- Conference Session Presenter, "Data, Meet Marketing: Utilizing Web Analytics," Ohio Association of County Boards Annual Convention, December 2014.
- Author and Facilitator, "Social Media Strategies" Workshop Series, Office of Continuing Education at Franklin University, May and June 2013.
- Panelist on the radio and television show "Writers Talk," for an episode of "Social Media in the Round," featured on WCRS radio, 98.3 & 102.1 FM, and WCBE (central Ohio's NPR station) 90.5 FM, July 2012. Video: http://youtu.be/DdirybJGcx4.
- Conference Session Presenter, "Successful Foundations of a Social Media Approach," National Association of State and Local Equity Funds (NASLEF) National Conference, September 2011.
- Panelist on the television show "Writers Talk," on the topic of "Social Media and Organizations," featured on many local television and radio stations, Winter 2011. Video: http://bit.ly/e4ZhLT
- Presenter. Multiple presentations at The Ohio State University Advancement and Web Interest Groups on topics like web design/usability, content management strategy, blogging, and social networking, May 2008 - 2012.
- Conference Session Presenter, "Shrinking the Gap with Video: Education Meets Marketing," Digital Media in Social World Conference, April 2011.
- Conference Session Presenter, "Shrinking the Gap and Working the Gray: How to Mesh Marketing and Instructional Uses of Social Media," Digital Media in Social World Conference, February 2010.
- Webinar Presenter, "Chapter and Society Website Advanced Training," Ohio University Alumni Association, September 2009.
- Seminar Session Presenter, "Taking Your Email Marketing Pulse: Organization Readiness," Association of Strategic Marketing, December 2008.
- Conference Session Presenter, "Strategic Use of YouTube in Science Centers," Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) International Conference, October 2007.
"If it is not memorable, it is forgettable."